(Jesus said) ‘Father, glorify your name. Then came a voice from heaven, saying, I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.’ (John 12:28)
God tells us that he will go beyond the best that he has done before; that to have a Christian faith means that there is always an element of surprise, tension and discovery; that we have still more of God’s blessing to wait for.
God spoke these words to Jesus when he was on his way to Jerusalem from Galilee. God had glorified his ministry in his home country: the blind had been given sight; the deaf, hearing; the sick made well; the lame walked. Zacchaeus promised to give back half of his money to the poor, and if he had robbed any, he would give back four times as much.
The woman whom Jesus met at the well was telling others the Good News. Most extraordinary of all: Lazarus had been raised from the dead. Also, Peter, that unpredictable disciple was becoming ‘The Rock’, a leader amongst the disciples. John was becoming a compassionate and deeply thoughtful disciple.
Now God tells Jesus there is so much more to come. For, the most wonderful promise was yet to come: Jesus was to be raised from the dead.
This whole promise holds true in our Church today. We have seen so much that is good in our Circuit and in our churches. Good events happen in every fellowship: things to give thanks for. God tells us there is so much more to come: a promise of surprise, tension and also blessing.
Through all the Church, God promises to glorify his name. Here is a great promise to wait for: to stay prayerful and wait for our Lord Jesus as he blesses our Circuit into the coming Methodist year.
Colin as ye take the high road, we want to wish you and Frances the Lord’s richest blessing on your life and Ministry. You have been a great guy to have in South Holderness, an encouragement and we respect your Ministry for the Lord Jesus Christ. May he bless you abundantly.
— The CLT and everyone
June — August 2018
Contact Details & Diary
For contact details of Ministers and Preachers, please collect a Circuit plan from one of our Churches. Also, our dates/times for all Sunday Services’ is too large to display on this page so we will only display the Sutton Methodist diary.
Dates For Sutton Methodist Church
|6:30pm||Hedon||Healing Circuit Service|
|15 July||10:45am||Sutton||Local Arrangement|
|22 July||10:45am||Sutton||I Grant|
|5 August||10:45am||No Service||N/A|
|2pm||East Park||Circuit Service|
|12 August||10:45am||Sutton||Lloyd (Holy Communion)|
|6:30pm||Bilton Grange||Holy Communion|
|26 August||10:45am||Sutton||Local Arrangement|
- Fresh Expression Contact Rev L Penn-Timity
- Tuesdays 9.30am Table Top Sale
- 1.45- 2.45 Women’s Fellowship (2nd & 4th Tues)
- Wednesday Baby Play 1—2.30pm
- Monthly Messy Church
- Thursday Parent & Toddlers 9.30—11.30
Elsternwick AKA Elstronwick
- Weekly Village Friendship Group 2pm to 3.30pm
- Monthly Coffee Morning 2nd Saturday 10 – 12noon
- Coffee Morning: 1st Saturday monthly 10:00 – 11:30
- “60 Mins” bible study 2:00 pm Wednesdays
- Cake stall & book sale – 1st Friday of the month – 9.30am
- Coffee morning Hall Wednesdays 10.00 – 12noon
- Café 10am – 1pm
- Food for thought 3rd Tuesday in the month 1pm for soup lunch 2pm for meeting.
- Film Club 2nd Tuesday monthly 9.30am
- Coffee Morning Tuesdays 10.00 – 11.00am
- Luncheon Club Thursdays 11.30 — 13.30pm
- Upper Room Fellowship 2pm (not 6.30pm) Mondays fortnightly.
- Monthly Bible Study—check for dates and venue
- Leisure Day Monday Sept to Mar 10.15 to 3.30pm
- Coffee morning Thursday 9.30 to 11.30am
- Quiz night first Thursday each month 7.30pm
- Woman’s Fellowship 2pm Wednesdays Fortnightly
- Friendship Group 7.30pm 3rd Tuesday Monthly
- Monday 2pm Prayer Group
- Wives & friends 2nd & 4th Wednesdays 7.45pm
- Women’s Fellowship 2pm Thursdays
- Thursdays 1st Messy Ch 3rd Craft Club 4pm
- Friendship Circle Last Monday of the Month 7.30pm see Church for details
- Yell & Natter Parent & Toddlers 1pm Fridays
- Worship Group 7pm Tuesdays
- Friendship Group 2nd Monday in month 7.30pm
- Flavours Café Tuesday each week 11am to 2pm
- Bible Study 1st Wednesday in the month 7pm
has become a fresh expression of Worship and will be under the direction of Rev Lansford Penn-Timity during this plan. Please contact him for further details
24 June @ Hedon 6.30pm Healing Service
15 July @ Portobello 6.30pm Farewell to Colin
22 July @ Keyingham 3pm Rev Leslie Newton
5 August @ East Park 2pm Outdoor Special
19 August @ Bilton Grange 6.30pm with Communion
You are ALL Welcome to these services Come and Celebrate together as a Circuit
Our Circuit representatives will contact the Churches on a Monday morning and an email will then be sent to the Circuit’s ministers and the Hospital Chaplains.
Ministers Day OFF
Please observe and respect your Minister’s day off
|Rev D Lucas||Sabbatical|
|Rev C Plenderleith||Monday|
|Rev L Penn—Timity||Friday|
|Deacon D Creed||Thursday|
Should an emergency arise on your Minister’s day off, please contact another member of staff who will be pleased to help you.
I want to know one thing, the way to heaven; how to land safe on that happy shore. God Himself has condescended to teach the way; for this end He came from Heaven. He hath written it down in a book. Give me that book! At any price give me the Book of God!
— John Wesley
Circuit Website www.shmc12.org.uk
Dates for September to November 2018 plan to Circuit Office by 11 June 2018 please.